The ultimate green smoothie is made in under 5 minutes with plant-based protein, greens, healthy fats, and fruit!
The title says it all. The 5-Minute Spinach Smoothie is one of my go-to green smoothie recipes that I make if I’m in a bind and don’t have all the ingredients to make my Stripped Green Smoothie. It’s also a great example of a Foundational Five Nourish Meal!
Just like my Creamy Ginger Green Smoothie, this 5-Minute Spinach Smoothie is great to ease into the world of green smoothies with spinach, bananas, and natural sweeteners.
Spinach is a great leafy green for beginners to use for so many reasons. Firstly, it’s easy on your blender! It mixes well without requiring a heavy-duty or professional blender.
Secondly, spinach is naturally very delicate in both texture and flavor. The slightly sweet, subtle flavor goes really well with fruits, healthy fats, and plant-based protein powders. They all blend beautifully together for a delicious smoothie!
Spinach is also loaded with nutrients like iron, calcium, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and many more. If you haven’t already, read up on why I always have spinach stocked in my pantry!
What Is A Foundational Five Nourish Meal?
The Foundational Five Nourish Meal is any meal that contains all 5 elements within the Foundational Five, non-starchy carbohydrates, starchy carbohydrates, healthy fat, protein, and the Flavor Factor.
By following this simple template it keeps food flexible, fun, and nourishing. Our Foundational Five Nourish Meals can be found as smoothies, yogurts, oatmeal bowls or breakfast bowls, nourish bowls, salads, soups, stews and many more.
Any meal can be made into a Foundational Five Nourish Meal by just knowing the system I teach in our Method Membership and in my free guide about creating healthy eating habits with ease, that you can get right here!
Here’s the Breakdown for this 5-Minute Spinach Smoothie
The following recipe is grouped into meal components so you can pick and choose to develop your own favorite variation. I’ll also share my favorite combination in the recipe below!
Have some fun with it and don’t be afraid to experiment. This smoothie is literally a meal in a glass! It tastes amazing and is incredibly nutrient-dense, especially with the options listed below.
All you have to do is choose from the following to make this “equation” work for your goals. Simple as that!
5-Minute Spinach Smoothie
2-3 cups raw spinach + 1 cup fruit + 1/2 cup liquid + 1 serving of healthy fat + 1 scoop of plant-based protein powder (optional)
- Fruit: Frozen pineapple, mango, apple, pear, banana, strawberries, blueberries or cherries
- Liquid: almond milk, nut milk of your choice, water, or coconut water
- Healthy Fat: 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter/nut butter you enjoy, 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds, 1/4 cup of almonds/cashews/walnuts, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1/2 avocado or 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Protein Powder: I personally love using Sunwarrior Warrior Blend with 1-2 tablespoons of spirulina, Vega Sport, or Plant Fusion for a boost in protein (especially if this is post-workout)
- Flavor Factor: To sweeten you can add dates or stevia
- Additional: You can always choose some of your favorite “superfoods” to add nutrients to this mix