I admit, I’ve crossed my own boundaries a couple weeks ago with the new site launch, the Society launch, and our email system was changed over which equaled to hundreds of emails from readers and members asking questions, fixes, etc. on top of my normal work. Oof– it equaled a lot of overworking for me and my team to make sure everything was smooth sailing and thank goodness it is now. Anyways, my body was telling me (neh, screaming to me) to slow down and chill out, so I kinda got sick. I woke up one day and a cold hit me like a truck and I was feeling so crummy. Luckily, I don’t get sick often but when I do I pull out the big kit and get to remedying the cold as soon as possible. First off, check out this blog post I wrote about natural ways to beat any cold or flu and then add this Zinger Tea to it and you’re golden! I made a couple extra acts of self care that week like an acupuncture appointment and extra sauna time and felt great within 6 days.
- 1-2 cups boiling water
- ½ inch fresh ginger root, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ or a pinch of ground cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (add in after)
- Simply add all ingredients into a mug, then pour the boiling water over it. Let steep for at least 10 minutes, you can strain it here before drinking or not-- I typically don't for convenience. Then add honey to taste and enjoy warm.
You don’t have to enjoy this only when you’re feeling low, you can have it year round which is especially great for kickstarting your digestive system in the morning. I hope you give this one a go! Leave a comment and rate it, rating helps me continue to improve recipes for you. I love seeing what you come up with so don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #nutritionstripped on Instagram!