Have a question?
We’re happy to help!
Step 1: Please browse your question or area you need support with below as most of our commonly asked questions are covered here.
Click A Topic Below To Find An Answer…
→ Recipe & Editorial Questions
As a Registered Dietitian led company, at Nutrition Stripped, our philosophy is rooted in educating you on how to make the best choice for yourself by nourishing with whole foods and mindful eating and our Foundational Five system.
We don’t offer calorie counts or macronutrient information for any of our recipes because, with our community and mission, it may hinder the true mission behind our recipes — to focus and learn to nourish yourself with nutrient-dense food, not by numbers.
Our food philosophy is also rooted in flexibility. Being able to make a plant-based recipe from Nutrition Stripped and add what you personally enjoy or what works for your lifestyle. With that level of flexibility, it would be impossible to calculate all the different ways to present the final dish.
We realize you may want to find out the nutrition information for the unique way you make our recipes, if so, here is what we recommend:
- copy the URL of the recipe you’d like to calculate and upload it into myfitnesspal.com
- input manually the recipe into nutritiondata.com to get an estimate of the individual nutrients in the recipe
Above all, that’s what makes our recipes on nutritionstripped.com unique more than any other website you’ll find on the internet! All our recipes teach you what’s in that recipe from individual nutrients to macronutrients and educate you on the bigger picture at hand.
We get questions daily for McKel about “how to start a business”, “what path to take as an RD?”, “where do I start when making a new business?”, “do I need a marketing and business plan?”, etc.
We get this all the time and we’re incredibly flattered! If you’re inspired to talk about a nutrition topic or a recipe we created in originality, we ask that you please credit Nutrition Stripped with a direct link to the original post that inspired you.
We don’t allow any copy/paste or verbatim plagiarism for our hard work in research health and nutrition topics for our community, or the resources it takes to develop healthy RD approved recipes.
Sharing Our Images
- You may share one image from either a recipe or nutrition/health article with credit and a link to the original post.
- If you are sharing a roundup and want to reference multiple posts on our site, you may share an image from each individual post.
- The only images we are able to provide are the ones on the original post, which are high-resolution to start with.
- We will not supply individual asks for high resolution, text on images, or any edits to existing content.
Sharing Our Articles
- We do not allow republishing of full articles or full recipes.
- If you are sharing a roundup and want to reference an article on our site, you may share the original link and the photo associated with that article.
- Must give credit and link to the original post on nutritionstripped.com
We’re so happy to see when our nutrition and health articles are shared in this unique way from Well + Good:
And for recipe shares and roundups, we love when our friends at Women’s Health Magazine share it like this:
Nutrition and Health Articles:
- Our articles about nutrition, health benefits of foods, recipes, and nutrition myths are evidenced-based, written and fact-checked by an expert Licensed and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. These articles are held to a high standard of teaching honest content to educate you to make the most informed decision about your unique health.
- Nutrition Stripped is a leading resource in nutrition online, for that reason we do not allow any guest posts on our website. When we work with freelance editors, all articles are reviewed by McKel Kooienga, MS, RDN, LDN.
Writing For Your Website:
- McKel takes on very select writing assignments per year, including her role on the Council with Well + Good, monthly columns on Healthline, and select others.
- If you’re interested in McKel writing for your outlet, please contact [email protected] with details on the deliverables (from article length, topic, photography, and social media sharing/promotion of the articles). We will give you our rate sheet if it’s a good fit.
Thanks for thinking of Nutrition Stripped and sharing! If you’re interested in sharing our work, check out this guide which applies to all media outlets, publishers, businesses, nonprofit organizations, students, and educational institutions.
First off, a huge congratulations! Writing a book is an incredible journey, so congrats on putting your amazing work out into the world.
Also, thank you for thinking of us and gifting your book, we really appreciate it! As a small team, we get many requests such as these, and as much as we’d love to intentionally read and cook through all these incredible books we just don’t have the bandwidth. When we come across works that align with our community and members, we will organically share and post about it.
Step 2: If you can’t find your answer, then please email [email protected] and allow 4-7 business days for our small team to get back to you.
Our customer support email hours are Monday – Thursday.
If you haven’t received a response from us after 7 business days, please email us again as sometimes emails get lost and we want to make sure you’re taken care of.