Avocado Artichoke Arugula & Spinach Salad. How’s that title for some alliteration. Today I’m here to share one of my current food phases in the salad world, Avocado Artichoke Arugula & Spinach Salad. I get into food phases, which by my definition is eating a certain meal or food daily because you enjoy it so much and can’t get enough of it! This salad has been in my food phase as of late and who can blame me? It’s a delicious combination of sweet, zesty, and earthy flavors; and it’s incredibly simple to make.
This salad is a flavor explosion in a bowl! Filled with peppery arugula, sweet spinach, creamy avocado, earthy artichoke hearts, zesty red onion, refreshing cucumber, and nutty hemp seeds. The Zesty Lemon Shallot Dressing is a great dressing to compliment the flavors and brighten it up a bit with the citrus. I promise this unique salad will be great to incorporate into your salad recipe box.
Artichoke love // fiber, fiber, and more fiber! Artichokes have about 7g of fiber per artichoke. They’re also full of vitamin C, K, folate, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, and copper.
Make it a meal // Top with quality proteins such as tofu, tempeh, beans, chicken, eggs, fish, nuts, more seeds, etc.
As with all my recipes, keep it simple, if you don’t like an ingredient or simply don’t have it on hand improvise to your hearts (and taste buds) desire. This salad can be made as a large salad or you can share with others.
- 2 cups of organic spinach
- 2 cups of arugula
- ½ cup fresh sliced organic cucumber
- ¼- 1/2 cup of roasted artichoke hearts (fresh then roasted or frozen and thawed)
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoon of shelled hemp seeds
- fresh black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Prep all the vegetables by slices, dicing, or chopping.
- Slice the avocado in half and simply scoop out the avocado.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Dress with the Zesty Lemon Shallot Dressing (optional)
Do you get in “food phases”? What has been your latest favorite meal/food you can’t seem to get enough of? Share below, I’d love to hear about you and your quirky eats!
Happy salad making,