Not only is February the official National Cherry Month, but also Valentines day is just around the corner. Many of you are wondering what to make for yourself or your sweet, today I’m here to share with you all a delicious tart cherry inspired recipe + a GIVEAWAY! I’m so thrilled to share with you some really exciting products and goodies in this giveaway, which is also the first here on Nutrition Stripped.
I’m picky about what products I choose to giveaway, because I want them to reflect my personal views and preferences here on Nutrition Stripped, this giveaway is all that and more. So not only are you getting a delicious recipe perfect to celebrate healthy eating this Valentines day, but also a chance to enter an awesome giveaway to receive some really yummy prizes!
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the National Cherry Month #GoTart Campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I received free samples of tart cherries mentioned in this post from the Cherry Marketing Institute. I was compensated for my time. Honest opinions expressed are 100% my own.
So let’s get to the juicy part, what does the [giveaway include]?
- A Year’s Supply of Dried Tart Cherries and Tart Cherry Juice,
- a KitchenAid 7-Quart Mixer,
- Le Creuset 4.5- Quart Dutch Oven,
- and an Anthropologie Apron!
How to enter // simply fill out the box in the link below with your information and you’ll be entered to win. >>> Click this link! GIVEAWAY and be sure to “SHARE” with your friends via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
NOTE: Entering in the Comments section DOES NOT enter you in the giveaway- please click the link above 😉
- Love the tart? For fruits and vegetables, a sour taste is often a cue for more phytonutrient compounds inside.
- Tart cherries contain anthocyanins, a ﬂavonoid that contributes to the ruby-red color and distinguishing flavor.
- Dried and frozen tart cherries are rich in vitamin A.
- 1 cup tart cherries, frozen
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- GARNISH // optional tart dried cherries, dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and cherry juice and coconut milk. Allow this to soak for at least 30 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed most of the liquid creating a thick gel.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, pour the chia seed mixture into the blender will all remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
- Pour in the bowl/glass/cup you’re serving in.
- Garnish with sprinkling chocolate chips on top or additional tart cherries, fresh, frozen or dried.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe, be sure to “SAVE” it for later in your Recipe Box or PIN IT for inspiration in the kitchen.
Good luck to you all that enter this giveaway!