This is one of those recipes perfect to have on hand for the holidays or anytime you want to make a sweet treat that’s portable. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and is completely delicious and satisfying. Crunchy mulberries give this chocolate bark a texture reminiscent of a candy bar without adding any grains, popped rice, or other common ways to create a crispy chocolate! This chocolate bark is also beautiful to prepare and gift with the special touch of dried rose petals, orange zest, rose extract, which give the chocolate a delicate floral flavor with pops of citrus.
NUTRITION TIP: Mulberries contain iron, vitamin C, A, K, B vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. Many states in the US actually can grow mulberries, otherwise you can purchase dried mulberries anywhere like health food stores.
- 4 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dried mulberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried goji berries
- ½ cup dried rose petals, separated from buds*
- 1 tablespoon rose extract*
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted chocolate, melted coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla extract, rose extract, and ¼ cup goji berries. Stir to combine.
- For the assembly: on a large baking sheet (15×15 inch) lined with parchment paper, grease well with coconut oil, then sprinkle evenly the chopped dried mulberries and pour melted chocolate/coconut oil mixture.
- Spread evenly using a rubber spatula and place remaining ¼ cup goji berries, ½ cup dried rose petals gently separated from the rose bud, and pinch of sea salt on top of the chocolate mixture. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until chocolate has set. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
What are your favorite superfoods to make? It’s getting closer to Halloween so I’m curious what you’re favorite holiday treats are, comment below! It also helps when you rate the recipe when you try it so I can improve them for you. Be sure to snap a picture when you make it at home share it on Instagram with #nutritionstripped so I can see!
Get even more delicious, healthy recipes that you can’t find on the blog in the Nutrition Stripped Cookbook. Get your copy here!