THESE. These Fruity Spring Rolls have been a go to for me lately because they’re so simple to make and versatile…not to mention, they’re stunning! They make for such a beautiful presentation, and you can share them at your next girls night in, BBQ, or picnic with someone special – they’ll think you took hours preparing these. In reality, they take under 10 minutes, and I’ve mapped out every step of the process along with tons of delicious combinations that I’ve already tested so you can simply make em’ and enjoy em’!
stuff it, roll it, done.
I love recipes like this, where I hesitate to even call it a “recipe” because it’s incredibly versatile and can literally be made with any fruit, vegetable, and healthy fat you have on hand. I realize though, it helps to have a framework to work from, right? I’ve shared my favorite combinations to make these spring rolls as delicious as possible, but I still encourage you to think outside what I’ve listed here and add your favorite things in them. I’ve been known to add in a sliced hard boiled egg with apple and cucumber- sounds weird, but so good and a great combination of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. The key is adding in all your favorite FRUIT!
BLUEPRINT: fruit (sliced fruits work best but don’t be afraid to play with different textures and levels of sweetness) + vegetable (any and all- don’t forget about the greens, you can always squeeze those in) + healthy fat (i.e. avocado and coconut work beautifully here) + herb (basil, mint, cilantro, and parsley)
COMBINATIONS TO TRY:
_ Sliced strawberry + fresh basil + sliced avocado
_ Sliced mango + fresh mint + white rice + shredded coconut
_ Sliced banana + almond butter + romaine lettuce (sounds weird, trust me it’s good!)
_ Sliced pineapple + edamame + sliced red cabbage
_ Sliced cucumber + sliced green apple + shredded carrots + cilantro
_ Sliced avocado + halved cherries + parsley
_ Sliced strawberries and kiwis + spinach + fresh mint
- 1 rice paper per serving
- sliced fruits of choice
- sliced vegetables of choice
- fresh herbs of choice
- First, start by prepping whatever fruits and vegetables you enjoy. I highly recommend slicing vegetables and fruits lengthwise or thinly to fit easily into the rice paper roll. Set aside until assembly.
- Using a large bowl of warm water, gently dip 1 rice paper at a time, depending on how many rolls you're making. I typically do 2 rice papers per serving.
- On a clean surface like a cutting board, lay flat the softened rice paper then start laying the thinly sliced vegetables and fruit in the lower ⅓ and center of the rice paper. Using your hands, gently fold the sides towards the center (similar to rolling a burrito), then roll from the bottom up tightly rolling the rice paper around the fillings. Continue until it's rolled.
- Immediately enjoy or keep in the fridge for up to 1 day.
I’d love to hear what combinations were your favorite and be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations #nutritionstripped. Also, what are weird combinations you’re kinda obsessed with at the moment? Let me know in the comments section!
Photography Kelsey Cherry
Love the simplicity of this delicious snack? Check out the NS Society and get even more simple, easy to make recipes plus shopping lists, meal planning guides, wellness ebooks, and more!