Since it’s not only a couple of holidays this week, my birthday and July 4th, I wanted to pop in and share a super simple recipe with you all; by simple I mean it takes less than 5 minutes! Watermelon Slice Popsicles are literally slices of watermelon cut into triangles, frozen, and held by a wooden stick. These are to be enjoyed by poolside, at the BBQ this weekend, or anytime you need a cool treat for the warmer months of the year. Cheers to healthy desserts!
You can easily make several batches of these at a time since most watermelons are large enough to produce a lot of these, or just share with hungry neighbors and friends (a.k.a. my best recipe testers!). Watermelon is perfect for summer, it’s slightly sweet, portable, affordable, and incredibly hydrating. Read more why I love watermelon and the health benefits of it here. In a nutshell, watermelon has vitamin C, A, potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants taboot.
- 1 large watermelon, ripe
- wooden popsicle sticks, amount will vary depending on watermelon size
- Simply cut watermelon into triangle shapes, it helps to cut the watermelon in half and cut about 1/2 -1 inch thick slices.
- You may leave the rhine on some of the watermelon slices and utilize the middle of the watermelon making smaller triangle shapes for the little ones to enjoy!
- Place a wooden popsicle stick in the rhine or at the widest part of the triangle piece.
- Freeze overnight or until hard.
I love adding fresh chopped basil or mint to these for an added kick of flavor, and makes for great presentation. I hope you all try this quick and healthy dessert recipe out this weekend for your July 4th or summer parties. Tag me so I can see your recreations, #nutritionstripped.
Hope you have a beautiful day and stay tuned for a couple more quick recipes this week!
Nutrition Stripped news // Check out my latest article just for Mother Mag on a 3-day Bikini Reset plan.