The signature green smoothie of Nutrition Stripped; quick and simple to make!
This post is long overdue as I’ve had so many of you ask me what the single serving recipe is for the signature green smoothie here at Nutrition Stripped, the Stripped Green Smoothie! Today I’m sharing a quick post on just that, the Stripped Green Smoothie as single serving which is perfect for an individual serving, for when you need to make it on-the-go, or if you want to try it out before committing to making the larger batch (which I still hope you do!).
The original recipe for the Stripped Green Smoothie contains 2-4 servings, depending on how much you drink at one sitting. I always make the Stripped Green Smoothie in this large batch to save myself time throughout the week and to make my mornings a little less busy and more relaxing. Either way, both of these recipes are extremely quick and simple to make! To learn more about the Stripped Green Smoothie visit that blog post or visit Green Smoothies 101 for more information on green smoothies and why I love them so.
- 1 cup of organic lacinato kale/regular kale
- 1 cup of organic romaine
- 1-2 large stalks of organic celery, chopped
- 1/2 organic apple, cored and chopped
- 1 banana, chopped (frozen optional)
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1/2 cup of coconut water (double the filtered water if you don’t have this available)
- 1/4 cup organic cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon/meyer lemon
- 1 brazil nut
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- dash of turmeric (optional)
- Using the Vitamix// high speed blender, pour filtered water(s) into the blender
- Add chopped celery stalks and romaine lettuce first, and turn on low speed
- Puree this mixture
- Gradually increase the speed and add chopped kale
- Add cilantro and parsley (optional)
- Add chopped apple and bananas (last)
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon
- Blend until creamy
- *At this point you may add more water to achieve your desired consistency!
I hope you enjoy this quick recipe and be sure to “save” the recipe in your Recipe Box or Pin it for later!
With love and gratitude,