Looking for a simple plant-based protein rich in healthy fats, protein, and fiber? Try this one!
This Pumped-up Plant Protein Power Smoothie can be made anytime throughout the day; mid-morning, post-workout, for an afternoon pick-me-up, or even dessert. It can be modified however you choose (using different types of protein powders or berries). Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, paleo, or have any other dietary restrictions or preferences, experiment with this recipe and make it work for you.
- Make sure you soak the chia seeds (as discussed in the previous post).
- To make this smoothie more of a filling meal, you can add in hemp seeds for extra healthy fats (omega-3’s), protein, fiber, and of course many nutrients.
- Or try adding an avocado for a more filling meal (healthy fat, fiber, nutrients galore!) and a creamy texture.
- Use proteins that you enjoy (Vega Sport, whey, casein, egg white, hemp, SunWarrior, brown rice, pea, etc.)
- To give this smoothie a “boost”, add in a little java.
- TIP: Take left over brewed coffee from your morning and pour into an ice-cube tray. Place the ice-cube tray into the freezer for Java Cubes! You can use these in iced coffees or in smoothies.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do! Have you tried this recipe? What variations did use? Comment below.