In the mood for a sweet and citrusy classic? Skip the takeout and try this delicious Gluten-Free Orange Chicken (Or Tofu).
Fresh citrus, ginger, and crispy baked chicken (or tofu) give this dish a fresh and healthy reboot. Baking the protein instead of frying is a great way to reduce extra oil and using ripe, fresh oranges give this dish a sweet and tangy flavor while cutting back on the sugar.
We suggest serving this dish with perfectly steamed rice and your favorite vegetables or salad for a balanced healthy meal.
Use whatever protein you enjoy to fit your unique eating habits.
If consuming animal proteins isn’t for you, such as the chicken used in this recipe, don’t worry! For a vegetarian option of this recipe just substitute the chicken with your favorite tofu or tempeh and follow the recipe below.
For more information about animal proteins, what to look for, and how to shop for animal proteins check out our article Guide to Eating Animal Protein. Also, check out our factory farming article as it relates to animal proteins.
How To Make The Best Rice, Every time
- Just use 1 part rice, to 1 1/2 parts water. So if you’re cooking a cup of rice, use 1 1/2 cups water.
- Rinse your rice and add it a medium saucepan with the water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring the water to a simmer, and then put a top on the pot and reduce to low heat.
- Steam rice for 8 minutes, or until rice is tender and absorbed all the water.
- Fluff with a fork and serve!