Hey guys! First off, I want to try a new thing here when sharing recipes on the NS Blog as a way for me to make room dedicated to answering your questions about wellness and sharing my nutrition expertise. Let me know below if you like this short and sweet style of recipe posts. Otherwise, we’ll find a middle ground moving forward that you like! Second, this Open-faced Sprout Sandwich has become a go-to at home while working long hours and with the warmer weather! I’ve been making a loaf of bread on Sunday then making this sandwich for a quick lunch. If you could you use a quick, easy lunch, keep reading!
- 2 slices of [url href=”https://nutritionstripped.com/grain-free-walnut-bread/”]Grain-free Walnut Bread[/url]
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hummus (use your favorite brand)
- Sliced vegetables: thinly sliced red onion, tomato, cucumber, 2 romaine lettuce leafs (or try spinach, arugula, or butter leaf)
- Protein of your choice: eggs (scrambled, sliced hard boiled, or poached), thinly sliced tempeh, thinly sliced tofu, chicken, etc.
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or mashed on the vegetables
- 1 handful of [url href=”https://nutritionstripped.com/guide-to-soaking-and-sprouting/”]sprouts[/url]
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly toast the bread until desired firmness, then simply spread mustard, followed by hummus, layer sliced cucumber, then tomato, then the protein of your choice, then sliced avocado, followed by the lettuce and sprouts.
- Top with fresh black pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
- Enjoy immediately or place in an airtight glass container for lunch on the go!
My favorite ingredients: mustard, sprout seeds, and this hummus. For a full guide to make your own sprouts, click here. Get the full Grain-free Walnut Bread recipe or you can use the Nourishing Nut & Seed Bread for a more hearty sandwich, or the tastes like Rye Flaxseed Loaf. I find the Walnut Bread toasts the best.
What’s your take?
Do you guys like the idea of an open-faced sandwich? Have you tried the walnut or flaxseed bread in other ways? Let me know what you think when you give this recipe a go! Leave a comment and rate it, rating helps me continue to improve recipes for you. I love seeing what you come up with so don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #nutritionstripped on Instagram for a chance to win something cool whenever I repost!
Join hundreds of members in The NS Society and get seasonal meal plans, shopping lists, wellness guides, community chats, and more!