Yes, this recipe really does take 2 minutes to make.
You will dirty 1 appliance (the blender) and flood your body with healthy fats, fiber, vitamins all in one delicious and a super simple smoothie made from avocados. I gave you guys a life update a couple of weeks back and as promised, I’m bringing more recipes to the NS Blog (hooray!) that are super simple, overflowing with nutrients to help fuel this busy season, and I would love your feedback on how you guys like this subtle switch up, so share in the comments!
I was having a monthly editorial meeting with my Executive Assistant Olivia (hey ‘live!) and she mentioned this amazing Vietnamese smoothie her and her husband loved trying – “you should make that healthier!” – so I did. I actually had to look into what these Vietnamese style avocado smoothies are made of to get the full picture and make it over. They’re traditionally made with canned sweetened condensed milk, sugar, water, ice, and avocados. In my book, it’s a lot of processed sugars and dairy going into the mix – not NS approved.
Herein I made this literal 2-minute avocado smoothie with full-fat coconut milk, avocado, of course, a small touch of maple syrup, and ice. That’s literally it! This smoothie is quick, but it’ll fuel your body with nutrients you need to keep hunger at bay as a snack, dessert, or in the morning whatever works for you. This recipe:
- Takes 2 minutes to make in the blender
- The definition of simple eating
- Easy to digest
- Full of fiber and healthy fats, both keep hunger and blood sugars stable
(nutrition) stripped and how this smoothie can fuel your body all day long:
- Avocados are the star here and contain fiber (1/2 of an avocado has about 7g fiber!), healthy fats (monounsaturated – heart healthy), potassium, vitamin E, K, and B vitamins (particularly folate).
- Coconut milk contains a unique type of fat called MCT (medium chain triglycerides) which are broken down in the body and utilized differently than long-chain triglycerides, like olive oil for example, to be more readily used as energy. In a nutshell, it’s quick energy!
- Optimizer Option: add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein for a boost – check this protein guide to see which ones you should be eating.
I love making this mid-morning a couple of hours before lunch or mid-afternoon several hours before dinner, as a snack to tide me over and keep my energy up or if I want something refreshing! I’ve also been known to add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to really give it a more hearty macronutrient “balanced” vibe since we already have the healthy fat covered from the avocados and coconut milk. My motto for snacks is you don’t always have to incorporate carbs. My focus is healthy fats + protein = energy combo!
If you try this recipe, I want to hear about it, so let’s chat! Leave a comment, rate it (this helps me improve future recipes), and don’t forget to tag a picture with #nutritionstripped to show how you live and try these recipes on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Also, I LOVE hearing your feedback, so please let me know if you want more recipes like these and what topics you want to see covered here so I can get to writing!
- 1 cup full fat canned organic coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (low sugar option: use stevia to taste instead)
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.