You know those times, especially in the summer, when you just want to gulp down a big ole’ sweet and creamy milkshake and be done with it — but with no guilt, no bloating, no sugar high and crash? Well you’ll find that in this recipe that has 100% nourishing ingredients blended into one delicious and healthy milkshake alternative. Plus it contains healthful fats, protein, fiber and antioxidants (2)! Also, this Matcha Milkshake has a secret (not-so-secret) antioxidant that gives a little boost of energy from caffeine, fights inflammation, and has been linked (1) to other health benefits such as cancer prevention,
First I shared my all time favorite matcha recipe, the Matcha Tea Latte, as a great pick me up in the afternoon or a kickstart to your morning routine, but now it’s dessert time to shine. I’m a big fan of matcha tea because not only does it pack a ton of nutrition but it’s also delicious and incredibly versatile. People always ask me what brands of matcha I recommend, and I truly love Panatea’s matcha because it’s made from 100% pure tea leaf, with no additives (like sugar!) or contaminants (like lead or radiation!). And now the husband wife team (how cute is that…) behind Panatea has launched a Monthly Matcha program that will deliver to your doorstep every 30 days (with free shipping) so you don’t have to think about re-ordering your matcha. It’s the only matcha I use, truly, and recommend to the Society (who is a lucky bunch since all members get 10% off all Panatea Matcha). Way to keep it simple, guys!
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons [url href=”http://www.panateamatcha.com/pages/nutritionstripped?utm_source=NutritionStripped&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=Subscription&utm_campaign=NutritionStripped_051516″]Panatea Green Tea Matcha powder[/url]
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt, adjust to taste
- Using a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Adjust all seasonings to taste and add ice to thicken and chill further.
- Enjoy immediately and garnish with optional toasted coconut and additional dash of matcha.
I want to hear from you!
Tell me if you like this one! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do and feel free to “share” this recipe by tagging me @nutritionstripped and using the #nutritionstripped. Love this easy, delicious recipe and want even more? Sign up for the the NS Society, a space to get simple meal plans, healthy recipes, and wellness guides so you can find a balanced wellbeing and connect with others + you get a special 10% off discount to make some amazing recipes with Panatea Matcha.
p.s Love this Matcha Tea Latte and want even more healthy recipes and tips to live whole and eat well? Sign up for the NS Society and get healthy meal plans, grocery lists, wellness guides, a supportive community, and more. Learn more here.