You know those times, especially in the summer, when you just want to gulp down a big ole’ sweet and creamy milkshake and be done with it — but with no guilt, no bloating, no sugar high and crash? Well you’ll find that in this recipe that has 100% nourishing ingredients blended into one delicious and healthy milkshake alternative. Plus it contains healthful fats, protein, fiber and antioxidants (2)! Also, this Matcha Milkshake has a secret (not-so-secret) antioxidant that gives a little boost of energy from caffeine, fights inflammation, and has been linked (1) to other health benefits such as cancer prevention,
First I shared my all time favorite matcha recipe, the Matcha Tea Latte, as a great pick me up in the afternoon or a kickstart to your morning routine, but now it’s dessert time to shine. I’m a big fan of matcha tea because not only does it pack a ton of nutrition but it’s also delicious and incredibly versatile.
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons Matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt, adjust to taste
- Using a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Adjust all seasonings to taste and add ice to thicken and chill further.
- Enjoy immediately and garnish with optional toasted coconut and additional dash of matcha.
I want to hear from you!
Tell me if you like this one! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do and feel free to “share” this recipe by tagging me @nutritionstripped and using the #nutritionstripped.