A couple of weeks ago after traveling often and taking care of myself at 100%, I still got a little worn out physically and mentally. I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea and was assembling my kit for feeling better fast because no one has time for that…and then I realized I have to share these tips with you! Some of em’ you may know well and already practice, but it’s a good guide to feeling better fast(er) and how to take care of your body when you’re feeling a little worn out.
THINGS I DO:
- Rest. This goes without saying, but set your boundaries as much as possible and take time off work if you’re able. If you’re not, reduce your social obligations and promises and take the time to be alone and decompress.
- Stress less. Reduce stress and delegate everyday tasks as much as possible to help you relax during this period. Also give deep breathing and meditation a try – your body will thank you for the boost in oxygen with reduced cortisol during an already physically stressful time.
- Drink a lot of water. Sometimes we don’t “feel” like drinking water, but water is key to help your body rehydrate when you’re feeling sick.
- Drink hot liquids like a cup of tea. If drinking water is a task and hard for you to do, incorporate warming and hot liquids like a cup of tea that can feel like a hug in your stomach. Added bonus – they’re super comforting and can help you relax. I love drinking purposeful herbal teas that really give the body a boost. My favorite of all time is Traditional Medicinals, especially now that they have new teas like the Tulsi with Ginger tea that is amazing! It tastes delicious and holy basil (a.k.a. tulsi) is an adaptogen (which we all know and love here on NS) that helps support a healthy response to stress without slowing you down. Tulsi’s adaptogenic qualities make it easier to adapt to whatever stress comes your way. I’m also loving the new Turmeric with Meadowsweet and Ginger tea (read up on turmeric here), the Rose Hips with Hibiscus, plus my go-to favorite Fennel Tea to get the support of bitters (more about bitters here).
- Cuddles with your pet (i.e. Luna bug!)
- Lightly move your bod. Even small stretches and getting up from laying on a couch or bed all day is great for circulation and can keep your lymphatic system moving and feeling good.
- Get outside. Breathing in fresh air and touching base with sunlight and the ground can have a relaxing and calming effect.
- Sauna. If you have access to a steam room or sauna, hop on in! Sweating is great for utilizing our biggest detoxification organ of the body – our skin! Always rehydrate and add a little electrolytes if need be.
PRODUCTS I LOVE and that can help get you through:
- Oil of Oregano
- Traditional Medicinal teas
- Warm blanket
- Cozy socks
- Air filter
- Essential oil diffuser
- Vitamin C
- Zinc lozenges
RECIPES TO MAKE:
- Turmeric Milk
- Warming Carrot Orange and Ginger Soup
- Turmeric Broth with Corona Beans from the #NScookbook
- Citrus-4 Juice
- Zinger Tea
So, what about you?
Do you have any tips or things you swear by that help you feel better fast(er)? I’d love to know and I’m sure the NS community would love to hear as well, so comment below!
This post is in partnership with Traditional Medicinals, a brand that I love and keep stocked in my pantry. Thank you for supporting brands that support the team at Nutrition Stripped.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.