This delicious Chana Masala is quick and easy to make and the perfect plant-based dinner option to spice up your next meal.
There are plenty of reasons to love Indian cuisine. Cumin, cardamom, and fresh ginger make this dish rich and flavorful with a healthy boost. Using chickpeas for protein creates a wonderful texture to this dish and its shelf life makes for the perfect addition to your batch-cooking list. We suggest serving Chana Masala with perfectly steamed rice, sweet potatoes or steamed veggies.
Did someone say batch-cooking? Whether you’re a seasoned batch-cooking vet, or just learning the ropes, this Chana Masala is the perfect recipe to incorporate into your repetoiré. It’s quick and easy to make, packed with healthy vitamins and nutrients, and stores perfectly in our favorite glass containers.
If you enjoy this recipe, make sure to try some of our other fun and healthy Indian inspired dishes.
How To Make The Best Rice, Every time
- Just use 1 part rice, to 1 1/2 parts water. So if you’re cooking a cup of rice, just use 1 1/2 cups water.
- Rinse your rice and add it a medium saucepan with the water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring the water to a simmer, and then put a top on the pot and reduce to low heat.
- Steam rice for 8 minutes, or until rice is tender and absorbed all the water.
- Fluff with a fork and serve!