A healthier, non-dairy version of buffalo chicken bites.
If you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or just a vegetable lover like me, you’re not going to miss out on a thing when others are enjoying buffalo chicken bites or wings. You’ll get the same flavor and a similar texture with these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites without as many calories and not to mention more fiber and room for more! It’s football season (woot…go Bucks!) and what a perfect way to contribute to your next tailgating party or football party with a healthier version of buffalo chicken bites, Buffalo Cauliflower Bites & Ranch Dip (non-dairy friendly).
Yes, I know these have nothing to do with chicken so it may be hard to see the comparison, but let’s break it down into flavors and textures. These Buffalo Cauliflower Bites will give a greasy calorie loaded chicken wing a run for their money both nutritionally and with their flavor profile. You all are familiar with several of my cauliflower recipes (especially the Cauliflower Pizza Crust) because I love cauliflower and it’s amazing health benefits (click here to read). These bites are also a perfect way to get picky eaters and the little ones to eat their vegetables in disguise!
Ways to Serve
- Your favorite raw vegetables, the classic raw celery sticks are my favorite!
- A cooling dip such as ranch, blue cheese, yogurt, non-dairy versions such as this Ranch Dip below
- Gluten free crackers and hummus, etc.
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (may thin out to desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients into a Vitamix or high speed blender until smooth.
- If using for a dip, use less water.
- If using for a dressing, use more water.
- Keep chilled until used.
What’s your favorite bar food, tailgating food, or party food that you would like to see made over into a healthier dish? Share below and your idea could be the next Readers Pick recipe!
Happy and healthy snacking,