A chilled spring soup made with avocado, asparagus, and fresh herbs and spices for thick and creamy gazpacho.
Hey guys! Round two of the new recipe layout that I’m giving a try in order to make room dedicated to answering your questions about wellness and sharing my nutrition expertise. Avocados are everywhere lately but give this recipe a try and I promise you’ll be wanting even more! Read more for the recipe, and let me know below if you like this style of recipe posts which will be short and sweet.
- 3 medium avocados, pitted
- 1 pound asparagus, roasted or lightly steamed
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Garnish options: chopped chives, sprouts, pumpkin seeds, red pepper flakes, fresh herbs like cilantro and parsley
- Using a high speed blender, combine all ingredients except the roasted asparagus, until smooth. Add asparagus to the blender and pulse to desired thickness- I like to leave the asparagus quite chunky but you have the option to completely puree it with the other ingredients to make a smooth soup.
- Store leftovers in an airtight glass container for up to 1 week. Enjoy chilled or gently warm before serving.
- Garnish with optional garnish ingredients.
I want to hear from you! Tell me if you like this one! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do and feel free to “share” this recipe by tagging me @nutritionstripped and using the #nutritionstripped.
Love this easy, delicious gazpacho and want even more healthy recipes, meal plans, nutrition ebooks, wellness videos, and then some? Sign up for the the NS Society, a space to get simple meal plans, healthy recipes, and wellness guides so you can find a balanced wellbeing and connect with others.