A chilled spring soup made with avocado, asparagus, and fresh herbs and spices for thick and creamy gazpacho.
Hey guys! Round two of the new recipe layout that I’m giving a try in order to make room dedicated to answering your questions about wellness and sharing my nutrition expertise. Avocados are everywhere lately but give this recipe a try and I promise you’ll be wanting even more! Read more for the recipe, and let me know below if you like this style of recipe posts which will be short and sweet.
- 3 medium avocados, pitted
- 1 pound asparagus, roasted or lightly steamed
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Garnish options: chopped chives, sprouts, pumpkin seeds, red pepper flakes, fresh herbs like cilantro and parsley
- Using a high speed blender, combine all ingredients except the roasted asparagus, until smooth. Add asparagus to the blender and pulse to desired thickness- I like to leave the asparagus quite chunky but you have the option to completely puree it with the other ingredients to make a smooth soup.
- Store leftovers in an airtight glass container for up to 1 week. Enjoy chilled or gently warm before serving.
- Garnish with optional garnish ingredients.
Try this recipe with the Open-faced Sprout Sandwich or a hearty piece of the Nourishing Nut & Seed Bread. Also, try adding pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, or pistachios on top for added crunch.
EXPLORE THE NS PANTRY! Learn about the featured whole food ingredients and their health benefits and nutrition information here: avocado, pumpkin seeds, almonds, garlic, and lemon.
I want to hear from you! Tell me if you like this one! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do and feel free to “share” this recipe by tagging me @nutritionstripped and using the #nutritionstripped.
Love this easy, delicious gazpacho and want even more healthy recipes, meal plans, nutrition ebooks, wellness videos, and then some? Sign up for the the NS Society, a space to get simple meal plans, healthy recipes, and wellness guides so you can find a balanced wellbeing and connect with others.