As much as we bring positivity and inspiration to your kitchens and how to nourish your body, we must show up for the community — we will stand up, support, listen, learn, and take action for the black community.
Compassion, reflection, mindfulness, and being intentional with words and actions are not only part of my core values but also the values we have as a small company.
I guide and teach about the many ways we can be more mindful of our health and how we nourish our bodies. Just as our motto of healthy is a daily practice, taking anti-racism action is a daily practice.
Showing up to injustice starts with our own work.
It’s about taking action in unlearning, learning, reading, journaling, donating, having these conversations with family and friends, supporting teachers and black voices, and doing the work internally. I will listen, learn, and do my part as a human being and a healthcare provider to stand with and support the black community.
- Click here for the resource list by Sarah Sophie Flicker & Alyssa Klein
- Click here for an Anti-racism for Beginners List
- Video: What is systemic racism?
Who To Follow
It’s important we’re all being responsible for our own education, following these teachers on Instagram, supporting their work, taking their online classes can be great ways to learn and support.
- @Rachel.cargle • Rachel Cargle Website
- @laylafsaad • Layla F. Saad Website
- @theconsciouskid • Conscious Kid Website
- @ijeomaoluo • Ijeoma Oluo Website
- @colorofchange • Color Of Change Website
- @thegreatunlearn • The Great Unlearn by Rachel Cargle
- @mspackyetti • Brittany Packnett Cunningham
Where To Donate:
- The Loveland Foundation
- Black Visions Collective
- Black Lives Matter
- Color Of Change Website
- Reclaim The Block
- National Bailout Fund
- Mutual Aid
- National Council
Where To Sign Petitions:
- Support by signing: Justice For George Floyd
- Support by signing: Justice For Breonna Taylor
- Support by signing: Justice For Ahmaud Abery
- Ways You Can Help (international options too)
- The Action Pac
- League of Women Voters
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Dear White People series by Emmanuel Acho
Amplify their voices, work, buy their products, attend their online classes, start taking the action needed now.
On this journey, let’s love ourselves, our neighbors, and take intentional action to become the change we wish to see.
As a team, we’re working to make this a part of our company 365 days a year.
Sending love and compassion, 🙏🏻🖤
McKel and team NS