Let me introduce you to Amanda Chantal Bacon of Moon Juice.
When I first spotted Moon Juice on Instagram and researched what they were all about, I immediately was aching for a shop to open up here in Nashville- but I digress, I’ll have to keep my Moon Juice visits to when I go to Venice and LA! If there’s one juice shop that I’ve stumbled upon, Moon Juice is top of the line if not THE frontrunner and leader in the world of juicing. It’s a bold statement I know, but Amanda the founder of MJ, has as much passion and innovation behind the brand like no one else. She was a pleasure to interview and I hope you find her laid back and down to earth approach to healthy living and running a lucrative business, enjoyable. Everyone meet Amanda, founder/creator/innovator/juice lover of Moon Juice. I hope you enjoy this Amanda Chantal Bacon interview.
AMANDA CHANTAL BACON
for Nutrition Stripped
Amanda Chantal Bacon
If someone were to ask you what you “do”, what would you say?
I do all things Moon Juice.
If you can, in two sentences how would you describe your philosophy about food and living well?
I believe in a plant based diet with a good portion of it being raw and mostly green. Heavy on good fats and sprouted nuts and seeds, daily doses of fermented foods, and a nice library of medicinal herbs and roots to call upon. Outside of eating and drinking, life is best supported by meditation and loving relationships.
Tell us about your health and wellness journey, how did you get started creating your passion into this career?
I’ve been studying and practicing wellness from an early age. I worked in fine dining kitchens for years, and woke up one day and decided I was going to bridge those two worlds to create a project that was everything I really wanted and needed. I wasn’t sure anyone else would be into it, but luckily they are and the numbers continue to rise.
What’s your favorite quote or mantra you can’t live without?
I have a lot, but the first thought I let come into my head each morning is sat nam. It’s easy and simple, and will override any other thought or emotion that wants to creep in during the day.
Where do you draw most inspiration? Who? What?
My inspiration comes from love. I find that fruits, herbs, petals, crystals, and happy people amplify that inspirational love.
Photo via Moon Juice
What was your inspiration behind starting Moon Juice?
Similar to above… Moon Juice is a certified organic, medical grade, vortex that makes the highest quality and potency, best tasting foods on earth. It’s what I personally needed to enjoy.
What’s your favorite juice at Moon Juice?
Picture this, you’re living your most perfect day- what does this look like?
I don’t need much, truly… the space to find my bliss, and then sunshine, green juice, raw chocolate and love.
Now what’s your actual typical day look like?
Most of my days embody that perfect day. That’s nice to see, thanks for stacking those questions… I just weave a lot of meetings, hours of fast talking, driving, number crunching, and travel into the mix.
It’s not always an easy road, can you tell us about challenges that occur and how you deal with them or stress?
What road?!? I feel like I’m climbing a mountain on a goat trail, but I do love it, and thank god I’m in the business of health and happiness. It keeps me going. In particular, I rely heavily on green raw food, kundalini yoga, and our moon dusts.
Photo via Fancy Cribs
What’s your typical meal for…
- Morning: I make a huge Moon Pantry concoction depending on what the day calls for. This morning was a base of hemp and coconut milk, mixed with pearl, ho shou wu, maca, cordyceps, and cacao.
- Lunch: Green fermented crisps with macadamia nut cheese, more fermented green veggies, and avocado
- Supper: I like to keep it very light unless eating for art and leisure… soup, cultured veggies, quinoa, nori, squash, sweet potatoes, greens, kombu, leeks, Brussel sprouts, this is what I’m working with for tonight.
- Snacks or sweets: Raw chocolates and raw cookies- my favorites are the strawberry rose geranium bars.
- Favorite beverage: Green juice
If you could pick one superfood to eat over and over again, what would it be?
What’s the one item that’s always on your grocery/market list?
Living well isn’t just about nourishment of food, it’s also about managing stress, sleeping well, and exercise. What’s your typical…
- Exercise routine you can’t live without: I wish I could walk every day, I get a good amount of exercise from still carrying my three-year-old, and strength and stretch from kundalini yoga.
- Way to decompress from a busy day: I stay pretty busy until my eyes literally close, but some nights I get to meditate and stay up late laughing with friends.
- Favorite bedtime ritual (that you can share haha): He he, this is what I can share… either a cup of hot ashwagandha and shilajit for stress management and expansive dreams, orrrrrr a few cups of warm sex dust.
Beauty talk, what’s your…
- Beauty and skin routine look like: It looks like all the answers I’ve given for health and lifestyle (your skin, in particular, is a direct reflection of what going on inside) combined with high-quality oil for skin, pearl powder and minerals.
- Your favorite beauty products: I have a collaboration with odacite “clare de lune”: rose and aloe mist, and a very potent wild carrot oil. love our schisandra heavy beauty dust, and ayurvedic mud toothpaste.
- Your favorite hair care tip: I love MSM shampoo and a little raw shea butter
- Your ultimate self-care tip: Staying home alone, putting my phone away, reading, and letting my whole limbic system un-fray.
- Your secret (not so secret anymore) beauty tip: Not so secret, but require actually doing them both consistently, green juice and “breath of fire”
What makes you laugh, smile, and be joyful?
Tuning into all that joy that’s always available inside, it just needs some activation sometimes… friends, potions, and yoga do the trick.
Saving the big one for last, where do you see yourself in the next 2-3 years? Any big plans you want to share!
We’re always growing and plan to continue to keep up. I’m very excited about the two books that will be coming out in the next two years!
I hope you all enjoyed this interview with Amanda and be sure to check out her juices and online shop! Recipes I think you’ll love is my Ultimate Tonic and the Raw Chocolates I just shared yesterday, both using some of her amazing mineral rich dusts and powders.