Just looking at this smoothie, I don’t think there’s much convincing to do for you all to try this one out, even if I told you it has some powerful greens in it. This Triple Berry Smoothie consists of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries (some of my absolute favorite berries). This is one of my favorite tasting smoothies because it’s sweet from bananas, tangy from the raspberries, and the texture is thick and smooth! And not to mention, this smoothie, just like the All Bluebs Smoothie, is very kid friendly or ideal for anyone who is opposed to adding “greens” into their drinks – you can’t even taste it here!
I love (as with most of my smoothies) this smoothie post-workout to refuel with some great carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and nutrients galore in an easy to digest smoothie! In previous posts, I’ve talked about the health benefits of bananas and chia seeds, which both make a small appearance in this Triple Berry smoothie. Even if you don’t add in spinach you’ll still consume a great deal of nutrients, but even just a cup of spinach in this smoothie will nourish your body with even more nutrients and minerals from spinach.
Nutrient breakdown of Triple Berry Smoothie
- Vitamins | C, E, K, A
- Vitamin B | B1, B2, B3, folate, B6
- Protein | plant proteins including all amino acids
- Fiber |both insoluble and soluble
- Healthy Fats | Omega-3
- Phytonutrients | anthocyanins, flavonols, resveratrol, etc.
Impressive for one smoothie right? As with all my smoothie recipes, the amounts of each ingredient are to be used as a guideline. I don’t measure these to be exact (I let my taste buds do all the “measuring”). Therefore, if you don’t like blueberries, replace them with more raspberries etc. Keep it simple, friends!
- 2 cups liquid (water, almond milk, etc.)
- ½- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen strawberries or blackberries
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds
- 1 handful of spinach (add in as much as you like!)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Vega Sport, optional)
- Simply combine all ingredients into Vitamix//high speed blender or food processer until thick and creamy!
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Add in a straw.
I hope you all enjoy this one as much as I do! Check out the Recipes page for tons of other smoothie recipes and whole food recipes to help you live whole and feel amazing!