If you didn’t hear the news I shared on Facebook last week, I’m honored to be the nutrition expert contributing blog posts and recipes at Our Body Book, which is Cameron Diaz’s blog about her new amazing book, The Body Book! I shared the signature green smoothie for Our Body Book community and I wanted to post it here as well- be sure to check out in more detail all about this amazing smoothie over on Our Body Book blog.
The Body Book Green Smoothie is full of nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, several B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, iron, calcium, healthy fats, fiber, protein, and antioxidants. All in one delicious glass!
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1½ cups of filtered cold water
- ½ green apple
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ large avocado (or ½ of a small)
- juice of 1 meyer lemon/regular lemon
- dash of cinnamon
- stevia (optional only to sweeten)
- Simply combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- See notes for further details on variations.
LOWER SUGAR // remove banana and add 1 whole green apple + stevia to sweeten
*calorie/nutrition information is a guideline
Looking to boost the calories or protein? Here is a list of the add-ins I recommend for making The Body Book ™ Green Smoothie a meal. Note, you can use all of these mentioned or a couple, the choice is yours and depends on your individual needs.
- Add in 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
- With protein powders, look for quality ingredients, ones you can recognize and pronounce. If you’re consuming dairy, opt for organic and grass-fed whey proteins if possible. If you’re vegan or non-dairy, some of my favorites are Sunwarrior, Garden of Life, and Vega Sport, and Hemp protein.
- Add in 1 whole banana
- Add in 1 whole green apple
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of organic almond butter
- Add in an extra 1-2 cups of spinach
- Add in coconut water instead of filtered water
Looking for a lower sugar variation? Replace the banana used, with a 1/2 cup of ice + stevia to sweeten + ½ avocado instead of just ¼ avocado.
I hope you all love this smoothie, it’s delicious and so refreshing! Be sure to check out the full recipe and detail on Our Body Book. Feel free to “share” this recipe and your recreations using #TBBgreensmoothie and #nutritionstripped
With lots of love,