Happy Halloween everyone, you’re all in for a treat today, no tricks here! Spiced Cookie Dough Pumpkin Ice-NOcream is a delicious high raw, non-dairy (it’s called NO cream for a reason) dessert made with only fresh, natural, and nutrient dense whole food ingredients. I mean, do I really have to do much convincing here for you all to run to your kitchens right now and make this recipe? It’s so delicious and the title and vibrant color of this Nocream says it all!
I first brought you Banana Nocream, which is a basic and classic non-dairy ice cream alternative to dairy ice creams; today I combine this classic recipe with some fall flavors to get in the spirit of Halloween and Thanksgiving around the corner. Pumpkin Ice-NOcream is perfect all on it’s own, but with the added sweet and chewy raw cookie dough balls made from less than 5 ingredients, it takes this ice cream recipe to a whole new level! I love pumpkin ice-Nocream around this time of year when I’m craving something sweet and want to treat myself, but also continue to nourish my body with whole foods. This recipe is also perfect for anyone who may want a healthier alternative to refined sugar loaded candies, sweet, and other treats around this time of year.
Spiced Cookie Dough Pumpkin Ice-NOcream is loaded with nutrients in comparison to any store bought pumpkin ice-cream! It contains vitamin A (especially from the pumpkin puree), B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, healthy fats, simple fruit sugars, zinc, iron, manganese, fiber, antioxidants,and plant-based protein; unlike store bought pumpkin ice creams which typically are loaded with refined sugars, artificial colorings, preservatives, hydrogenated oils (especially in cookie dough types of ice cream). Even if you’re not dairy-free, I promise you’ll love this recipe and give it a try! You can even “save” this recipe for when Thanksgiving rolls around too!
Below, these are the Spice Cookie Dough balls you will be making as a part of this recipe. These are optional if you want to make this a lower calorie option or if you simply dislike cashews. If you’re allergic to cashew nuts you may try using macadamia nuts instead although the flavor will be a bit different. You also have the option to make these Spiced Cookie Dough balls into smaller balls or even cut them into small pieces and stir them in, however you choose!
- 3 frozen bananas, peeled and very ripe/spotted
- 1 15 ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup rolled oats, gluten free
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- COOKIE DOUGH //
- Combine all dry ingredients (except "wet", bananas, pumpkin, and maple syrup), in a high speed blender/Vitamix/ food processor until well combined. This texture will resemble a very fine flour.
- Add maple syrup and almond butter to this fine flour mixture and combine until a dough texture has been achieved.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes or until hardened.
- Roll about 1 teaspoon of the cookie dough in the palm of your hands creating bite sized balls.
- Lay these cookie dough balls on a baking sheet or flat surface and put back into the freezer to set (at least 20 minutes).
- PUMPKIN ICE NOCREAM //
- Combine the only two ingredients for the ice cream- pumpkin and frozen bananas- into the Vitamix/high speed blender until thick and creamy.
- Add the cookie dough balls you've made (that were in the freezer), into this pumpkin ice cream mix.
- Stir until the cookie dough balls have become spread out throughout the pumpkin ice cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Top with additional pumpkin seeds and a dash of cinnamon.
I hope you all love this recipe as much as I do, share below and let me know what you think!
Have a delicious day,