Today’s a special day, not just because this recipe I’m about to share with you will become a go-to for you this summer, but because it’s my birthday (#hello29)! I’m normally not one for big birthday celebrations or making a big fuss about it but with each year I grow older, I become more filled with gratitude. I’m incredibly grateful for everything life has shown me in the last couple of decades including the people I love, you + this amazing community here on NS, and all the things to come this year – lots of celebrations to be had! Added bonus that the July 4th is right around the corner and these are super simple to make and share with your friends and family.
A couple years ago one of the first dessert recipes I shared on the NS Blog was the Raw Peach Tart. It was such a hit that it’s one of very few recipes that snuck it’s way into the Nutrition Stripped Cookbook #NScookbook (you can order it for presale here and get bonus recipes!). I was inspired by that classic recipe to make these beautiful single serving Raw Strawberry Summer Tarts utilizing the best of the season, strawberries! You can get all fancy and make the Coconut Whipped Cream as well, which I highly recommend, or at least drizzle a little honey on top of the sliced fruit and you’re good to go.
A couple tips if making these for the Fourth of July, make several of these tarts with strawberries, some with blackberries, blueberries, and banana- you can decorate a table and place them all in a flag formation for functional style! A couple recipes you may enjoy with this one is the Coconut Whipped Cream and Simply Coconut Ice Cream.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup pitted dates (about 12)
- 1 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw almond
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- For the filling:
- Fill your tart with about ½- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- Then top with Lemon Cashew Cream, optional
- Optional garnishes: fresh mint, shredded and lightly toasted coconut, and a drizzle of honey
- For the crust:
- Pulse in a food processor or manually chop the nuts until a coarse texture is achieved.
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a food processor and combine until sticky.
- This "dough" will be very sticky and hold together when pressed in between your fingers. If your mixture is too wet or moist simply add more ground nuts.
- Using a mini-tart pan, gently press the dough into the pan and up the sides. Press firmly until a crust is formed.
- Chill in the freezer for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
I also used this mini tart pan for these but you can also get away with using a cupcake tin and make many at once (even if you freeze the extra for later).
What are your favorite fruits to enjoy this summer? Which one will you try with this recipe? Let me know your thoughts by rating this recipe (which helps me improve them in the future) or sharing in the comments below. And if you make it at home be sure to tag #nutritionstripped on Instagram so I can see!
Cheers! I’m off to celebrate and may take it easy on social media this weekend 😉
Love this Raw Strawberry Tart and want even more healthy recipes, meal plans, nutrition ebooks, wellness videos, and then some? Sign up for the the NS Society, a space to get simple meal plans, healthy recipes, and wellness guides so you can find a balanced wellbeing and connect with others!