Do you ever have those times where you just need something sweet but you don’t want the heavy feeling or upset stomach from too much sugar or dairy? Well have I got a treat for you. This Raw Cheesecake Parfait is raw, vegan, and made from whole food ingredients and packs some serious flavor. It’s sweet, creamy, and satisfying and is sure to quell even the most serious sweet tooth without the after effects of traditional cheesecake. This is one of my favorite recipes from the Summer Society meal plan, and it’s so good that I just had to share with all of you! Read more for the recipe.
- For the filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 cup canned full fat organic coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- For the crust:
- ½ cup rolled oats, coarsely ground
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, coarsely ground
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Topping: fresh sliced strawberries, bananas, or any other fresh fruit you enjoy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor coarsely grind oats and sunflower seeds- you don’t want to create fine flour, just roughly processed to create a crumb texture. Mix this with the maple syrup and transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- In a clean food processor or blender (I use the Vitamix), blend all ingredients for the “filling” until smooth. You’ll be left with a creamy filling. Adjust the sweetness to taste by adding more maple syrup if desired.
- You can easily make this into a traditional parfait using a tall glass or “martini-style” glass or simply layer in a bowl. Start by adding the “crust” at the bottom, followed by the filling, and repeat. Top with fresh sliced strawberries or any fruit you enjoy.
- Store leftover “crust” in an airtight container at room temperature and the filling in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Note: Boost the protein in this filling by adding 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder.
This is one recipe from the Summer Society that intended to be made ahead and kept in an airtight glass container in the fridge for you to snack on all week! If you want to have ready made plans and grocery lists to help you learn how to meal plan like a boss, sign up for the NS Society! I’ve gotten batch cooking down to a science and can shop, prep, and cook for the upcoming week in under 3 hours. Since I cook ahead, I save around 10 hours of my week which gives me more time to do the things I love, like hanging out with Luna and coming up with more recipes and nutrition articles for you guys on the blog!
Check out the nutrition of the main ingredients in the NS Pantry: cashews, sunflower seeds, oats, maple syrup, and dates
Does it do the trick?
Let me know what you think? Does it fulfill all your dairy free dessert dreams? Let me know your thoughts by rating this recipe or sharing in the comments. And if you make it at home tag #nutritionstripped on Instagram so I can see!
Love this Raw Cheesecake Parfait and want even more healthy recipes, meal plans, nutrition ebooks, wellness videos, and then some? Sign up for the the NS Society, a space to get simple meal plans for the seasons, healthy recipes, and wellness guides.