This is another feature on Products I Love November 2013 edition! I don’t do these reviews every month, so at each review I try to share with you a round-up of all the products that I’ve tested that I feel are great and worth recommending. I’ve tried some really great products this past month and hope you’ll try them out as well! Also, this comes at a perfect time for the holiday gift season and to kick off the month of December.
Project Juice //
I absolutely LOVE fresh, cold-pressed fruit and green juices (especially my favorite of all time juice. Nashville); but this Project Juice has some INCREDIBLE flavor combinations I’ve never tried before, which made them stand out! Project Juice is a juice business located in San Francisco with great company values that I support completely.
My favorite of all, which I didn’t have to sample would probably be the Turmeric Mylk- you all know how much I love my recipe for Turmeric Milk. Project Juice not only has a marketing/brand design that I instantly fell in love with especially with their website; but also the packaging and a cooler tote they sent me as well, which I’ve already used for traveling with my green smoothies! They were gracious enough to give me several to try, below I note some of my favorites!
- EZ Greens Plus [apple, celery, cucumber, kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, lemon, ginger]- favorites
- Dr. Green Plus [celery, cucumber, kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, lemon, sea salt]
- Potion #10 [pineapple, pear, cucumber, kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, ginger, turmeric, lime]- favorites
- Beta-Bomb [pineapple, orange, carrot, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, lime]
- #getyourgreens [celery, cucumber, chard, romaine, cilantro, lemon, ginger, aloe]- favorites
- Swiss Beetz [apple, carrot, cucumber, beet, ginger, lemon]
- D-tox [pineapple, apple, mint, chlorophyll] a favorites of mine- contains chlorophyll (yes!) this is such an awesome ingredient I’ve never seen in a fresh juice before -favorites
- Mint Chip Shake [bananas, dates, almond milk, mint, cacao nibs, and vanilla] this one was a treat, an absolutely delicious think milkshake-like juice.
This juice was some of the best I’ve tried, the flavor combinations were perfectly balanced and delicious. You all gotta check them out especially if you live in the San Francisco area, but even if you’re in Nashville or outside of California they can ship it directly to your doorstep! Find your juice pack here!
Body Science Naturals //
I was given the following products to try from Body Science Naturals, all were great but I had some favorites from the bunch labeled below!
- Organic Vegan Protein Powder (chocolate and vanilla)
- Immugreens Vegan Superfood – a favorite!
- Immureds Vegan Antioxidants – a favorite!
- Immufix (olive leaf extract)
- Naturals 3-in-1 Joint Formula
An Australian-based athletic and nutrition company, you can read more about them and also purchase on the website. Body Science Naturals hands down had the best green superfoods powder I’ve tried thus far, and I’ve tried A LOT of green superfood powders! My absolute favorite way to have both the Immugreens and Immureds was to shake it with water and have it first thing in the morning, another way I enjoyed this was to add a serving of either superfood powder + 1 frozen banana + a little water or almond milk to thin and created a thick milkshake like drink. This will be a product I can see myself ordering in the future.
Vega recently launched a new Protein Smoothie in Vanilla, Chocolate, Natural, Tropical, and Berry. I was given the Tropical and Berry to try out along with a delicious and yummy maca chocolate, both of which I’ve never had before. The Protein Smoothie flavors were very strong, and the texture was very smooth. I’m not personally a fan of fruit flavored protein powders or drinks, as I enjoy chocolate or vanilla a bit more. Overall, I see this as being a great vegan based protein smoothie on-the-go! You can simply mix it with water or I enjoyed mixing it with almond milk. You all know I love using maca in my Stripped Green Smoothies and you can read more about it in the Superfood 101 post! I also have a recipe coming up using their maca chocolate that I think you all will enjoy, which can be used with or without the chocolate.
The team at Greens+ were gracious enough to send me several of their products to try out! I’ve had several of their bars before which I am a huge fan of (and so is my love who almost ate all of them in a week! I’ve never tried their chia seeds or superfood powders, which were yummy as well! My favorite product out of this batch was the almond and blueberry chip bar.
- Superfood to-go packets of Vanilla Chai and
- Greens+ bars (gluten free and vegan): Almond and Blueberry Chip and Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Crisp, were both delicious! I loved how they incorporated chia seeds in them, which is a good source of plant protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
Stay tuned // for an in depth review and comparison of the Vitamix vs. Blendtec and a couple more exciting things I’ll be doing this month for you all! Have you tried any of the above products before? What were your thoughts on them? Share below!
Have a great day!
Disclosure // Vega, Body Science Naturals, Greens Plus, did not monetarily compensate me to write or say anything about their products, they did supply me with products to try. Since I’m a fan of all of the above, I’m sharing them with you all. All opinions are based on my personal opinions and experiences on these products, see disclosure policy for details. Also, as with my disclaimer on each page of mine, I’m a dietitian not your physician, always be safe when taking new supplements and products and check with them first.