What is Nutrition Stripped?
It’s simply as it sounds. Stripping away nutrition “confusion” layer by layer and getting back to bare basics! The field of nutrition is ever-changing and shifting towards change (hooray!). New research, health claims, supplements, and fad diets appear almost daily; and as consumers it can be extremely overwhelming and at times down right frustrating to decipher what’s truly effective nutrition practices and what’s a myth.
Enter in; Nutrition Stripped! | Your stripped-down guide to living an unprocessed lifestyle with no expiration date. I’m here to help you gain the nutrition and wellness tools you need to navigate the kitchen, food markets, and life in general!
Nutrition Stripped Philosophy
1. Back-to-basics. Be a hunter and gatherer in the 21st century! Go local. Go organic. Eat REAL whole foods that you can trace back to the source.
2. Plant-centric: Scientific research has clearly shown the many health benefits of eating a diet high in plant foods from the earth: fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds, pseudo-grains (none of the big industrial/agriculturally mass-produced grains), and legumes/beans (best sprouted). Be-friend these powerhouses of nutrition!
3. Get to know your farmer! If you consume animal proteins in your diet; make sure they have be humanely raised and have been fed their natural diets. Again, be able to trace your food back to the source of where they were raised, fed, and how they existed (i.e. grass fed, wild caught, pasture raised, free-range, organic, etc.)
4. Don’t consume anything with a longer expiration date than you! If you can’t pronounce a food ingredient listed on the package OR if you wouldn’t be able to find it in your grandma’s pantry…walk away, walk away, walk away, and look for the real deal! Better yet, go with something without a food label.
5. Enjoy in mindfulness! Nutrition isn’t all about counting calories, grams of fat or fiber, nor is eating only for the purpose of sustenance. Food plays many roles in our social, mental, emotional, cultural, and physical aspects of our lives.
Let’s start taking a little more time enjoying and more time “freeing” our brains from the mathematics of food, fads, nutritional dogmas, and diets; and get back to bare basics of what works for you and LIVE-ing :)
All rights reserved © 2013 Nutrition Stripped. Please do not repost my recipes/content as your own or onto any other website without direct links, shares, and credit to the source [McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN from Nutrition Stripped]. Feel free to PIN and share! See here for copyright.