Today is the final day of the Nutrition Stripped Paleta series! Check the previous posts for more paleta recipes. This recipe is a perfect way to end summer and paleta series week here at Nutrition Stripped with the fruit of the month, peaches! Peach Melba to be exact. This recipe is a perfect salute to summer or to share on Labor Day at BBQ’s, parties, and gatherings.
Peach Melba is traditionally a French dessert of vanilla ice cream, topped with sliced peaches, and a raspberry drizzle. This paleta recipe is not cream-based like the Creamy Lavender Honey, Citrus Espresso Chocolate Fudge, or Strawberry Rose; it’s a fruit-based blend of tangy raspberries and sweet peaches. Perfect for a hot summer day, light, cool, and refreshing! As with every recipe, the better quality your ingredients, the better ending result. As with all my peach recipes for the month of August I turned to the best peaches in town from The Peach Truck here in Nashville (check them out!) and stocked up on peaches as they had their end of season offerings a couple weeks ago.
- 3 cups of fresh peaches, diced
- 1 cup of fresh/frozen raspberries
- ½ cup of coconut water
- additional water can be added to "thin" out depending on how juicy the peaches are.
- PEACH LAYER//
- Blend peaches. Set aside
- RASPBERRY LAYER//
- Blend raspberries with coconut water, set aside.
- Pour about 1-2 Tbs. of the raspberry mixture in the popsicle molds first (the end result will be raspberry at the TOP of the paleta).
- Freeze until hardened, about 30min-1 hr.
- Next fill the remaining popsicle mold with the peach mixture until filled to the top.
- Place popsicle mold top cover on.
- Stick the wooden sticks into the mold.
- Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours until hardened.
Feel free to use my Vitamix coupon code for a discount, 06-008786 or simply click the Vitamix icon on the right! This is the mold I’m using in all the paleta recipes. You can also check some of these out here, and this one is really cool too!
Make sure you bookmark this Paletas series for next year when summer rolls around again, and don’t worry I’ll give you a friendly reminder 😉
Happy Friday everyone and hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend,