Day three of Nutrition Stripped Paleta series week! Yesterday, I shared with you all a cream-based paleta made with both avocados and coconut milk, Citrus Espresso Chocolate Fudge. Today I share another cream-based paleta made with coconut milk (sans avocado), and a divine Lavender Honey Simple Syrup to create Creamy Lavender Honey. If you’ve never had lavender in desserts or dishes, you’re missing out…until today! Warning, Creamy Lavender Honey paletas were harmed in the making of this blog post by photography (i.e. they melted).
This Creamy Lavender Honey Paleta is thick, creamy, and dissolves in your mouth with flavors of sweet honey and subtle lavender flavor that peaks through to your taste buds just enough to know it’s there. Infusing lavender flavor doesn’t mean adding large chunks of fresh/dried lavender flowers into the paleta itself (that wouldn’t be pleasant to eat), we turn to making a simple syrup to extract the lovely flavors of lavender. Therefore, I created Lavender Honey Simple Syrup which can be used not only in this recipe, but in cocktails/mocktails and other desserts as well!
As I noted before, since these melt very easily and quickly, more reason to gobble them up! Simply keep them frozen until time of eating or serve in a bowl or dish with ice cubes on the bottom as pictured below. Unlike the fruit-based paletas which contain more water, these paletas contain coconut milk fat which melts sooner.
- 1 cup honey, local if possible
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup raw sugar, turbinado
- 2 Tbs. lavender flowers, dried or fresh
- Bring water and lavender to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add honey and raw sugar in the sauce pan and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, strain using a strainer to capture the lavender flowers (discard after filtering).
- Use in Creamy Lavender Honey Paleta recipe, or
- Bottle and refrigerate (will last about 1 week).
Keep this Lavender Honey Simple Syrup “saved” in your recipe box for any future drinks or desserts that good use a boost of flavor and sophistication without much hassle.
- 1 cup of Lavender Honey Simple Syrup
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat (or you may use reduced fat)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or plain)
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- Blend all ingredients into a Vitamix or high speed blender until well combined.
- Pour mixture in popsicle mold and freeze overnight or until hardened.
Feel free to use my Vitamix coupon code for a discount, 06-008786 or simply click the Vitamix icon on the right! This is the mold I’m using in all the paleta recipes. You can also check some of these out here, and this one is really cool too!
Shout out to our very own local paleta company here in Nashville, Las Paletas! They have great cream and fruit based paletas to try if you’re in the area.
Have you ever tried a floral simple syrup in desserts or drinks? Share below! Be sure to check back tomorrow for another paleta of the week!