You know those times where you have a young fresh coconut just lying around, in the fridge? Yeah, you know those times. Well, I quite literally had a young fresh coconut hanging out in my fridge for the past week and I kept thinking of what I wanted to do with it until I was inspired to make something creamy, inflammation fighting, with a kick of citrus yet sweet- herein lies the fruits of my labor. The Golden Coconut Smoothie!
- Fresh coconut meat from 1 young coconut (about ½ cup)
- Fresh coconut water from 1 young coconut (about 1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 fresh (or frozen) mango
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Crack into your young coconut following these instructions,
- Next, simply blend all ingredients with your high-speed blender until smooth. Serve over ice or drink cool as is. Enjoy immediately.
Don’t have fresh young coconut on hand? No worries, use coconut water and frozen coconut meat; otherwise you can pick up fresh young coconuts at your local health food stores and international markets.
Cheers to coconuts!
I hope you give this one a go! Leave a comment and rate it, rating helps me continue to improve recipes for you. I love seeing what you come up with so don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #nutritionstripped on Instagram!