Guys, I’m geeking out because today’s the big day! The all new Spring inspired recipes, nutrition ebooks, and wellness videos from the Spring edition of the NS Society is available here. I’ve been working for the last few months on recipe testing, taking photos, filming, and tweaking here and there and I have to say that I think the Spring edition of the NS Society is even better than the last. I can’t get enough of Spring produce – strawberries, zucchini, asparagus, fresh herbs – so I incorporated them into all new recipes just for the Society. The Creamy Zucchini Soup recipe is one of the featured recipes in the Spring edition. It’s incredibly simple to make, the use of coconut milk makes it so creamy (but with no dairy!), and packed with flavor even though there’s less than 10 ingredients. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 2 large zucchini (or 4 small), chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups canned organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium-hot skillet, add olive oil, onion, garlic, and zucchini. Cook until fragrant and tender, about 15 minutes. Add vegetable stock during this cooking process to help steam cook the zucchini in the skillet (about ½ cup use the rest for blending).
- In a high-speed blender, combine all remaining ingredients and blend until thick and smooth. Taste test to adjust for any seasonings or lemon juice and re-blend. Store in an airtight glass container, to reheat pour in a pot and cook on medium or until warm.
- Notes: Add proteins like organic tempeh, organic tofu, or chickpeas to bulk up the soup and make it more of a meal. Also top with healthy fats like sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds, or a drizzle of olive oil.
Springtime is all about growth – trees and plants are starting to bud and flower and the grass is FINALLY looking green again. If you’re feeling inspired by the changing season and ready for some growth of your own but need a little help, sign up for The NS Society and get simple meal plans, healthy recipes, wellness guides, workout videos, and best of all – join a community focused on living whole and finding a balanced wellbeing and get the support you need to see it through!
So what are you waiting for? Join us in the Society today!
Love the Creamy Zucchini Soup and want even more healthy recipes, meal plans, nutrition ebooks, wellness videos, and then some? Sign up for the the NS Society, a space to get simple meal plans, healthy recipes, and wellness guides so you can find a balanced wellbeing and connect with others!