Today’s Blended Date Oatmeal from the Fall Meal Plan of the NS Society is a super creamy, sticky, and hearty oatmeal made with blended dates and oats that can be enjoyed warm or chilled. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups almond milk
- 4 cups canned organic full fat coconut milk
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour this mixture into serving bowls or mason jars (for on the go) and store in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for 2 hours before eating.
- Another option you have with this recipe is to blend and immediately cook for 10 minutes until warm. Otherwise store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container or mason jar—you can make multiple batches of this recipe for the entire week.
- Note: To boost the protein in making this a meal, I recommend serving with eggs or other protein source or simply adding 1 scoop vanilla protein powder per serving.
Blend your oatmeal?
Have you ever blended your oatmeal? Did you try this recipe and enjoy! Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or rating the recipe so I can know what to keep making for you guys!