In the middle of the summer when it feel like 100 degrees outside, do you ever just want to eat something cold and frozen for every meal? I know I do! This recipe from the Summer Society meal plan is inspired by those summer days when you wake up and really would love to eat a bowl of ice cream for breakfast. Except of course in true Nutrition Stripped style, the Banana Blast Smoothie Bowl is a much healthier version of ice cream. It has less sugar and more fiber than a typical frozen treat thanks to frozen zucchini. Plus the addition of plant-based protein powder makes this a full meal that will keep you full all morning long!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped and frozen zucchini
- 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla plant-based protein powder (or use grass fed whey)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Optional garnishes: sliced bananas, strawberries, unsweetened coconut flakes, dark chocolate chips, mint, bee pollen
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth. Add ice if desired. Garnish with fresh fruit, coconut, fresh mint, or any other topping you like. Enjoy immediately.
Ingredients I used for this recipe: bee pollen, unsweetened coconut, dark chocolate chips
As you can see I loaded mine up with fun garnishes and toppings to make it seem like even more of a treat! You can enjoy it plain, but to me, extra toppings always add a little extra that I really enjoy. if you make this one at home, share it on Instagram with #nutritionstripped so I can see!
And if you like this recipe and want the meal plans, grocery lists, ebooks, and videos, join us today in the NS Society!