Happy Friday! I hope your weekend is off to a great start of fun and R+R. If you’re in the mood for reading here’s the weekly recap of what articles I’ve been reading in the health and nutrition world and noteworthy news from the week so you can stay up to date, too. And if you see or read anything noteworthy from around the web, be sure to share with me and comment on this post so we can chat it up. Have the best weekend!
What you Should Know in Wellness
- A health care firm giving out prescriptions for whole foods (Let food be thy medicine!)
- A new study is suggesting that salt may actually make you more hungry, not thirsty
- A recent analysis of several studies linked a plant-based diet to lower rates of breast cancer
- Some big brands of organic milk may not actually be all that organic. Uh oh!
- Instagram’s #HereForYou campaign spreads mental health awareness. Way to go, IG.
Did you Know?
1 cup of cooked quinoa contains 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and B vitamins from thiamin, riboflavin, B6, and folate.
Try this Recipe
Move that Bod!
Start by standing in the middle of the band, feet hips width apart. Bring the handles up to the shoulders and hold them there throughout the exercise. Drop down into a squat, keeping your chest up and dropping as low as you can. Control the squat on the way down and explode on the way up. Squeeze your glutes and quads at the top. Repeat for 15 reps
Repeat after Me
What to Listen to
Comment of the week
#nutritionstripped of the week
Try the Through the Garden Smoothie here!
WHAT’S THE SCOOP?
Anything you’ve seen lately you want to chat about? Share in the comments so we can nerd out on health and wellness together. Have the best weekend!