As joyful, exciting, and fun as the holiday season can be, for many it can actually be a quite stressful time. From traveling, managing time to see all your friends and family (big one for me!), gift giving/shopping, cooking, spending time with family/relationship jazz, you name it. I’m here to give you a friendly reminder that it’s okay. It’s okay to let those emotions rise up and feel stress, but don’t let it hang out too long and don’t let it sit with you to the point where it’s impeding on quality time with your loved ones. So, in honor of the busy holiday season, here are my top 10 ways to de-stress in 10 minutes!
TRY ONE OF THESE FOR 10 MINUTES
- Go on a walk or spend time in nature.
- Cuddle or hug session with your loved one.
- Breathe deeply.
- Listen to music- like these playlists!
- Cook or snack on something you enjoy, in mindfulness.
- Turn off your phone and social media. Just do it.
- Communicate and speak up about what’s stressing you.
- Eat nuts and seeds (or foods rich in magnesium).
- Do arts and crafts.
- Spend time with your pet or plants.
I hope this simple and sweet list helps you this holiday week- share how you live the #nutritionstripped lifestyle on Instagram, I hope you guys have an amazing and stress-free holiday!
Sign up for the mailing list and get the FREE Guide to Living Whole and Eating Well eBook!